A Multi-disciplinary consultancy who have a very busy order book are looking to grow their team
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will report into the Mechanical Associate and will provide client facing consultancy services across all stages of general build projects (Design, Construction, installation, commissioning).
· Take responsibility for all technical aspects of mechanical / building services work performed by the company from the inception stage through to final completion of projects and client handover
· Negotiating and developing contracts
· Management and co-ordination of contractors
· Managing spend and costing techniques
· Overseeing an supervising the installation of systems
· Liaising with structural engineers, architects, surveyors etc
· Ensure compliance and offer recommendations for Health, Safety & Environmental issues relating to technical activities,
· Maintain an on-going awareness of national and international standards of technical expertise, reporting back any significant changes
· Assist the operating units to undertake design assignments, i.e. schematic and detailed design of installations/schemes within the remit of the jobholder’s specialist skill area
· Use Building Services Design software packages on all design related activities.
· Relevant Building Services Degree
· Mechanically biased
· Background working for a consultancy as an Mechanical Design Engineer
· Experience of working on the mechanical aspects of general build schemes e.g. healthcare, education, leisure, commercial / offices
· Conversant on AutoCAD and design software (specific software is not essential).
· UK Driving Licence
Permanent and freelance roles available.
· Permanent £35,000 - £45,000 + package (dependant on experience)
How to Apply