A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
You will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical engineering and maintenance at the Trident Park Energy from Waste Plant, in co-operation with the Electrical and C & I Engineers. The key goals are to ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets and to meet set health and safety, environmental and financial targets.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the Trident Park EfW plant, including the stores and workshops management.
- Co-ordinate, schedule and plan maintenance activities during planned and unplanned shutdowns
- Ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant and preserve the value of the facility within approved budget
- Manage statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date
- Management of the site stores and the mechanical maintenance workshop
- Ensure the plant Maintenance Management System is utilised to its full potential
- Ensure that all activities within the Trident Park EFW plant are carried out in a safe manner in line with their policies and health, safety and environmental statutory requirements
- Control a Safe System of Working to ensure activities are carried out in a safe manner. Including Trident Park staff, working with contractors to ensure their safety
Work as part of a management team striving for continual improvement
- Ensure all visitors and contractors to the site are inducted in the site safety and emergency procedures
- Participate in continual personal development within the organisation to achieve improved performance, promote flexible team working by creating an environment and the resources which will enable the team to identify issues and create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Carry out regular team meetings (or briefings) ensuring good communications are achieved at all times, encouraging team and individual involvement in decision making processes
- Co-ordinate, schedule and plan maintenance activities, assisting other disciplines during planned or unplanned shutdowns
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of repair methods of mechanical machinery and material
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications such as HNC (or equivalent)
- Experience in working with Permits To Work and Safe System of Work
- Experience in supervising teams and contractors to deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Experience in working with a Maintenance Management System