An award winning Low Carbon Design Solutions and Investors in People employer is now recruiting a highly talented, enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. You will be joining a fast pace very busy practice.
This innovative company with modern engineering techniques was established since 1978 and now have several offices across the country.
- Retail & Leisure
You will have input into the architectural conceptual stages for the key benefit of developing an integrated design solution for the clients through providing support and guidance. This was the first company in the UK to be accredited sustainability designers with Passivhaus/BREEAM. One of UK’s largest dedicated environmental building services consultancies with project values exceeding £900 million. Continually evolving gaining a strong reputation for high quality 65% of repeat business.
- Reporting to the Director
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects
- Raise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team Over time, develop the ability to become a point of contact for key clients
- Help generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- You will be client facing and involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them
Experience, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working
- towards) / Candidates with HNC or HND with suitable design experience will
- also be considered 3-4 year’s experience of design in building services, post qualification
- Client interaction
- Software design - Microsoft Office and Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents and HTMs.
- In addition to the background and experience of a Senior Engineer; it would be
- Beneficial if the relevant candidate could also have proven experience in the
following: - Confident with passive building design from both an environmental and energy efficiency perspective.
- Knowledgeable of specification and incorporation of various renewable technologies.
- Ideally be a Low Carbon Consultant
- Good high level understanding of thermal modelling.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Training & Development
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 30 days annual leave
Apply now to be considered immediately
Would you like to know more? E-mail